We’re rapidly approaching Alfie turning 18 months old and I’m very aware I’ve been a bit rubbish at keeping this blog updated. But I’ve had a bit of time spent unwell with one thing or another and Alfie is only having one nap a day now, so time is precious when he’s asleep, and it’s usually spent doing housework!
So this is a quick blog about the sorts of things he’s now up to.
- Climbing. On, over, through, in… boy can’t keep still. He’s not QUITE got up on the sofa yet, but it wont be long!
- Wind the Bobbin Up. If you sing this song to him, he will do ALL the actions, start to finish exactly right.
- Copying sounds. Particularly the microwave. Yeah, I know, weird.
- Dancing. He loves bopping along to songs and music.
- Bringing you things he shouldn’t really be carrying around. He’ll pick his biggest, heaviest toys and bring them to you to show you.
- Asking you to read to him. If he brings you a book and wafts you in the face with it, he wants you to read it to him.
- Actually reading a book. He’ll say “yah yah” as he turns the pages, which is him reading out loud.
- “Brumming” cars and trains up his legs and arms.
- Pretend play. He’s started pretending to stir things in pots with spoons, even if they’re empty.
- Takes out his hearing aids when they’re blocked, and tries to put them in himself in the morning.
… So yeah.
Basically, just a normal 18 month old boy. He’s so incredibly handsome too. Look.